Creative Solutions will at all times:
1. Value the personal information entrusted to us and make sure we respect that trust.
2. Go further than just the letter of the law when it comes to handling personal information, and adopt good practice standards.
3. Consider and address the privacy risks first when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems.
4. Be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we give it to.
5. Make it easy for individuals to access and correct their personal information.
6. Keep personal information to the minimum necessary and delete it when we no longer need it. In order to meet our legal obligations, we may be required to retain some data for seven years, but we will delete it as soon as it is no longer necessary.
7. Have effective safeguards in place to make sure personal information is kept securely and does not fall into the wrong hands. To do this we will password protect all electronic records where personal data is stored and ensure that where paper records are held that this is done in a secure manner.
8. Provide training to staff who handle personal information and treat it as a disciplinary matter if they misuse or don’t look after personal information properly.
9. Put appropriate financial and human resources into looking after personal information to make sure we can live up to our promises.
10. Regularly check that we are living up to our commitment and report on how we are doing.
Creative Solutions Trustees
Jennifer Kay, Peter Kay, Paul Smith, Martin Knight